This natural Rattan Bread Proofing Basket or banetton, also known as brotform is your companion for sourdough baking. Make professional looking artisan loaves at home with these natural rattan proofing baskets. The rattan form helps to keeps the shape of the dough as it rises, while the ring patterns produce a beautifully patterned outer crust when baked. Made of natural light coloured rattan, the bread proofing basket includes a convenient fitted linen liner that can be removed for washing.
- Made of quality natural light coloured rattan
- Sturdy and durable
- Various sizes to fit various dough weight
- Inlcudes a fitted linen liner
- Keeps dough in shape as it rises
Product detail –
- Type: Baking Tool
- Use: Proofing dough for bread
- Shape: Oval or Round
- Content: 1 x Rattan Basket with fitted linen liner
- Material: Natural Rattan, linen
- Round – 13 x 13 x 6cm / 18 x 18 x 9 cm / 21 x 21 x 7 cm / 22 x 22 x 8cm / 25 x 25 x 9cm
- Oval – 21 x 15 x 8cm / 25 x 15 x 8cm / 28 x 14 x 8cm
- Care: Use a soft brush to clean and remove flour or bits of dough. Wipe clean and dry thoroughly before storing.
How to use:
1. Flour the proofing basket thoroughly before use to prevent dough from sticking to the sides of basket if used without liner
2. When dough has risen, flip it onto a baking sheet before baking in preheated oven
- Please expect some splicing joints on the rattan baskets due to the jointing technique of natural rattan material.